The Sport Pilot Certificate was created in September of 2004 after years of hard work by the Experimental Aviation Association (EAA). The intent of the new rating was to lower the barriers of entry into aviation and make flying more affordable and accessible.
The Sport Pilot Certificate offers limited privileges mainly for recreational use. It is the only powered aircraft certificate that does not require a medical certificate. You log time with one of our certified instructors, fly solo and pass written and practical exams.
Sport Pilot Eligibility Requirements
- At least 17 years of age
- Requires a current and valid U.S. driver’s license as evidence of medical eligibility.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
Instructional Areas Covered
- Aircraft Preflight Inspection
- Radio and Cockpit Communications
- Aircraft Systems
- Airport Operations
- Emergency Procedures
- Weight & Balance Calculations
- Airport Traffic Patterns
- Takeoffs & Landings
- Required Maneuvers
- Airspace Restrictions
- Federal Aviation Regulations
Contact Us today to learn more about becoming a Sport Pilot.